Saturday, March 21, 2009

Keep on LeArning

Karlene taught me so many things and how I wish I really wrote down everything she said... I'll share what I did remember...

She said, first must be putting God in the center of everything, I think this is always the main point, God's will, faith in God, fellowship with the Lord. The story in the Bible tells about the time when Peter was trying to make sure if it was Jesus and he asked that if He were really Jesus, He'd let him walk on water. he did walk on water, looking directly at Jesus, but once the waves got bigger, he lost to his fears and sunk. Just like us, the water is the problem we're facing, Peter can be us, the waves is the devil, trying to distract us, keeping our faith in Jesus and not wavering from it will keep us afloat no matter how big the waves are or how deep the waters are.

She also told me the story about Daniel's friends and how they trusted the Lord so much that even the fiery furnace can't burn them. I really want to grow in faith and one day become like those men... trusting the Lord completely with their lives.

I still have much to learn and I bet a huge part of it would come from Karlene. next time, I'll really bring a notebook and try to absorb as much as I can from her.

No comments:

Post a Comment