Thursday, February 19, 2009

BiblexWorshipServicexHolyMass

"The Lord is my light and my salvation, I know that there is nothing I should fear, He is my fortress, He is my shield, from whom shall I be afraid?"

This was a song for mass in our school, the chorus stuck on me because I really feel this way and this is exactly what I need during my down times... I have always been courageous thanks to Him and I shall never fear even death if he wills it. In trouble we sometimes forget to pray to the Lord, as a friend told me, the circumstances might not change but He made us change... I believe him,

"If you realize that everything you have is God's grace then you will be humble"

I heard this when I attended a Worship Service of another religion, I've learned so much that day and this really stuck on me as well. as the one who did the service explained, when the Lord took away Job's possessions did he waver? Job remained faithful to the Lord because he is aware that everything he had was the Lord's grace. Sometimes people forget who they owe things to, Even being proud of being faithful to the Father, you can't brag about that, He was the one who allowed you to sing praises to him, If not, you would have been mute and deaf.

"If you correct conceited people, you will only be insulted, If you reprimand evil people, you will only get hurt. Never correct conceited people; they will hate you for it. But if you correct the wise, they will respect you" (Proverbs 9;7-8)

I think this proverb simply tells us to be wise and accept our mistake by listening to what others teach us. we should not be conceited and learn from our mistakes because only by being corrected and by changing can we wisen up. we are not perfect being and interacting with others means tolerance and learning. different people have different views, each people have different principles, learning things from different people is like stepping up a staircase, every people you interact with gives you new knowledge, therefore we should be tolerant of their views. TOLERANCE...

"A gentle answer quiets anger, but a harsh one stirs it up." (Proverbs 15;1)

sometimes when we are trying to defend ourself, even if we are right but if the tone is aggressive/ offensive, it's taken in as opposing the other party, therefore, taken in as disrespectful and rude. giving a gentle answer is more persuasive and effective. you can make your listener relax because your tone is not offensive and your listener will take your words in and understand it. also with a gentle tone, both of you can settle accounts and produce result unlike if you are answering in harsh tone where both of you will get irritated and won't come to an end unless one is beaten. a very simple matter can become worse or can be fixed, it's up to your tone.

These are few things I believe in and I doubt that anyone can change my views.

No comments:

Post a Comment